I have spondolythesis on l5 s1 i turned down surgery 2 get healthy. i've sciatica, but have now noticed i get dizzy, nauseas & my balance isn't good?

9 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Jeffrey Roh answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Spondylo ("spine") listhesis ("slippage") is a condition that causes the vertebrae to become malaligned. The fact that you have sciatica implies that the nerves near the segment (e.g., L5 and s1 nerve roots) are being impinged and/or irritated. Typically, sciatica can be addressed with pt, meds, and injections. The other symptoms you mentioned (nausea, dizziness, etc) are likely unrelated.

Answered Aug 26, 2020

5.2k views