Genoa City, WI

I'm an athlete with a minor hernia that is causes extreme pain when i run i i get surgery how fast will i be able to return to my intense running?

Dr. Alexander Barkan
General Surgery 26 years experience
Inguinal hernia : It depends how you get it done. If you get done the traditional way , with a groin cut and mesh it will take you six weeks at least to heal completely. If you find a surgeon that does laparoscopic (tepp) hernia repair then you can get back to normal much quicker.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 33 years experience
Depends : The most important thing to realize is that the pain may not be due to the hernia. It could be related to musculoskeletal inflammation such as adductor tendinitis. You can also look up controversy over "sports hernia" and see there is no standard algorithm for this. I hope it all works out for you.
Dr. Gabriel Goren
60 years experience
Weeks to months!: It depends what type of surgical procedure is done on you. Consult your surgeon!
Last updated Mar 20, 2013