My mom has a cancerous tumor in her breast what can we do at home to make the pressure and pain go away besides the meds she takes?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Sewa Legha answered

Specializes in Medical Oncology

See below: Your/her oncologist can be the best guide as to what more acn be done. If she has pain despite taking pain medicines, then she needs to inform he roncologist whpo can adjust the pain medicines so that she is pain free and more comfortable. Unless i knew what her current medicines are, it is not possible to give you proper advice.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.2k views

Dr. Kenneth Lee answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Symptoms: If breast cancers are advanced- they can cause pain and pressure from mass effect. The only way to improve the symptoms without meds is to treat the cancer. Either neoadjuvent chemotherapy or surgery. Otherwise- meds will help.

Answered 11/28/2017

5.2k views

Dr. Travis Kidner answered

Specializes in Surgical Oncology

Be there: Be there to support her and be positive. Wearing a sports bra that limits the movements of the breast also will help with the pain.

Answered 4/4/2013

5.2k views