Ijamsville, MD

allergies (?) after a dental visit w/ extreme fat lip & blisters on gums, roof of mouth(front tooth cap cemented) - topical novicane only & cement us

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Perhaps: I wish that i could give you a definite answer. There are so many possibilities. Although you gave us some good information, without knowing exactly what was done and used from the dentist's perspective, it could be an allergic reaction or a combination of factors. You should notify the dentist and he\she will be able to give you the best answer and advice going forward for the future.
Dr. Joseph Leach
Dentistry 44 years experience
Allergies likely: Latex is the most common contact allergen in the dental office. Did you have a dental dam placed? These are often latex, also the providers gloves could be latex.
Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dentistry 21 years experience
If the crown/cap placed was made of porcelain over metal, the metal could have nickel in it that is causing a reaction as well. If you have a metal allergy, you may want to see what the crown was made from.
Apr 11, 2013
Dr. Charles Lockhart
Dentistry 9 years experience
Latex: Probably a latex allergy, but possibly a metal allergy depending on type of crown.
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Periodontics 42 years experience
Allergic reaction: You had an allergic reaction. There are many materials associated with the visit. I think the best is to see an allergist.