i have a flat pink scar on my face from mole removal, how to i reduce redness and as i am prone to keloids is there any chance it could develop to one?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Kenneth Stein
40 years experience Plastic Surgery
Scar reduction: I think that the best topical cream is avosil. This scar could be lightened with a pulsed dye laser. There is always a possibility of a scar thickening but it is extremely unlikely to form a keloid scar in the mid face.
Answered on Jul 4, 2013
3
Dr. Patrick Schaner
22 years experience Plastic Surgery
Neocutis Peche.: I use a product from neocutis called peche as a redness reducer in scarred areas. It is also important to avoid sun exposure to scarred areas especially in the early stages. Given your tendency to keloid i would recommend this as a first step and avoid more traumatic treatments.
Answered on Nov 18, 2015
2