fibrosis/keloid scar on my head. if i have it removed will my hair grow back through the scar? will the scar be long and thin or round like keloid

Dr. John Hoffmann
37 years experience Plastic Surgery
No clear answer: After scar or keloid removal in the scalp it is unusual for the hair to grow back through the new scar. It is even possible that you could lose some hair around the new scar depending on how large the original keloid was. Keloids are somewhat prone to regrow so you could also need some cortisone shots around the new scar or even other treatments to help minimize the chance of recurrence.
Answered on Mar 21, 2015
2