I have extreamly bad pressure where my head meets my spine on that little bone and it hurts worse with movement. what do i do?

Dr. Jeffrey Roh
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 23 years experience
OC junction pain: The occipital cervical junction is the articulation between the cranium (head) and cervical spine. Because it is an actual joint with cartilage and synovial fluid, it can also become inflamed and undergo arthritic changes. The oc joint is designed for flexion and extension which allows you to nod your head up and down. A simple x-ray called an open mouth view can help diagnose arthritic changes.

Last updated Sep 2, 2013