Sacramento, CA

I'v had sinus pressre for what seems to be forever. my doc put me on a zpack but i still have my sinus headache. whats the difference btm sinus and a migrane. i also get headaches at the back of my head where the base and that bone meet.. zpack doesn't

Dr. STEPHEN GIROUX
Pharmacology 40 years experience
Decongestant?: Zpack (azithromycin) is an antibiotic and does not treat the symptoms of headache- just an underlying infection which may be the cause of the headache. A sinus headache is caused by pressure from congestion in the sinuses. If your blood pressure is fine, a decongestant such as Pseudoephedrine could be taken along with the zpack to relieve the congestion. Ibuprofen can help with pain and inflammati.

Last updated Dec 29, 2016