Does laser liposuction reduce the amount of bleeding during surgery?

Dr. Vishnu Rumalla
Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Possibly: All surgeries are patient and surgeon dependent. In my personal experience, i see less bleeding in my smartliposuction (laser) patients.
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
Somewhat: The cannula is a bit smaller but the fat which removed will still require a suction cannula that is the same as for any liposuction. Causes of bleeding are multiple and not just dependent on the type of liposuction.
Dr. BHARAT Shah
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
Yes: The use of the laser and fine lipo instruments can minimize bleeding. With most of the modern techniques, bleeding should be minimal.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Possibly.: There are many factors involved when it comes to the degree of blood loss during any type of surgery. This holds true for liposuction surgery also. In my opinion, selection of your plastic surgeon will be more important that selection of a specific "technology”. Best wishes.