If my acl is retorn shud i repeat the surgery again? or wat?

Dr. Blake Miller
Orthopedic Surgery 15 years experience
Yes: With your age, yes, i think it is appropriate to have a revision reconstruction. Revision acl reconstruction can be complicated and can sometimes require 2 stages with initial bone grafting, depending on the first reconstruction and why it failed. Or sometimes it can be done all in one procedure. But i think you should absolutely have it done.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mark Hutchinson
Orthopedic Surgery 36 years experience
Depends: Not everyone needs their acl. If you don't play twisting and cutting sports and your knee is not unstable, you may treat it with exercise and bracing. If you become unstable in the brace, then surgery ie the best choice.
Dr. Pietro Seni
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Yes: There are some questions that need to be answer:how soon after the first repair you retorn it2)how you retear it?.Being only 24 years old you probably should have it repair again.Redoes are more difficult and require more expertise from the operaiting surgeon.I would seek for a surgeon with great expirience.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016