United Kingdom (Great Britain)

I'm a little bit confused. drs told me my ultrasound results but they said i have swollen blocked tubes, a polyp and fibroids? isn't that to much?

Dr. Harry Zegel
Radiology 50 years experience
See Gynecologist: Fibroids are benign growths in the uterus within the myometrium.They are not uncommon although age 23 yr. Is somewhat early. A “polyp” is usually a benign growth in the uterine center, the endometrial canal – and usually should have confirmatory tissue sampling. Blocked tubes likely refer to fluid filled / dilated “hydro salpinx” –this is the fallopian tube that would transport an egg to the uteru.
Dr. Seth Derman
Fertility Medicine 33 years experience
Yes and no: Fibroids and polyps are relatively easy to pick up ultrasound. Hydrosalpinges (dilated fluid filled tubes) may be seen on ultrasound but you usually cannot determine if the tubes are blocked. If you are not trying to get pregnant, you can see your gyn. If you are trying to get pregnant, you should see a fertility specialist right away.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016