how can i get my neurologist to take my very complicated case more seriously? i feel like he doesn't understand how much my symptoms affect my life.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jonathan Dissin
38 years experience Neurology
Honest Talk with MD: I am a neurologist, so this is what i would want you to do if you were my patient. Make an appointment and tell me what in our interaction bothers you, and how i can fix it. Which of your symptoms are impacting you the most? I'll see what i can do to help you. My plan may be limited due to your disease/insurance. If you didn't like my response to the interaction question, find a new neurologist.
Answered on Jan 27, 2012
Dr. Philip Chao
37 years experience Radiology
In general: Get a second neurologist opinion.
Answered on Nov 17, 2012