Lynn, MA

Can i pop a huge cancker on my tounge?

Dr. Terri Silverman
Dentistry 41 years experience
Don't: I don't advise doing that. If you truly have a canker sore let it heal on its own. If you break the sore open, you make cause another one to form. If it isn't gone in 10 days see a dentist. It may be something other than a canker sore.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
I wouldn't: Canker sores do not usually occur on the tongue, and if it looks like you can "pop it", it merely suggests to me that it is not a canker sore at all. Playing with it will probably make it worse rather than better or making it go away any faster. You can either see your dentist for an accurate diagnosis and possible treatment or wait and see what happens.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Provided original answer
Regardless, it the lesion is not gone in two weeks, you should see your dentist, as certain lesions can be serious and may need to be removed.
Feb 20, 2013