Can a 3mth old be teething?

Dr. Cindy Juster
It's possible!: Although most babies start chewing and drooling at around this age and don't start cutting teeth for several more months it's possible for teeth to start coming in now. In fact, sometimes a baby can be born with one or more teeth! thankfully, that's rare. If you look at your baby's mouth and you see one area of gum that's red and swollen, and you feel something quite sharp underneath, it's a tooth!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Possibly: Very unusual. Most 3-4 mos old drool, put hands in their mouths and exhibit " teething" behavior. But it may happen.
Dr. Stan Shih
Dentistry 19 years experience
Yes: It is not likely, because it is rather early, but it is possible. The first teeth (lower front teeth usually) often appear at around 5-7 months.
Dr.
Possible: Although the milk teeth develop when the baby is growing in the womb, the teeth only start to grow throughout the gums when the baby is 6-9 months old (although it can be before or after these ages).
Dr. Robert Douglas
Orthodontics 52 years experience
Many children are born with some teeth already present in the mouth. Others are much slower. It's all normal.
Nov 21, 2016
Dr. Leo Morton
Pediatric Dentistry 43 years experience
Yes: Teething is a normal physiological process as teeth erupt. The average age of erutption is 6 months but can occur as early as 3 months. Mild symptoms that gradually improve usually are nothing to worry about and may even be related to a viral infection or other condition. Severe or ongoing symptoms should be closely watched and discussed with your pediatricia
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Unusual: But can happen. Baby teeth begin to develop in the womb, but usually don't begin erupting until 6-9 months. Baby may exhibit, teething behavior (drooling, fussiness, hands going to mouth, irritability) at any time. Give baby chilled teething ring and see if that helps. The moment 1st tooth erupts make appointment with Pediatric Dental Specialist.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 35 years experience
Yes..: Teething at three months is on the early side but still in the normal range.