U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old female asked:

When your right breast hurts and a constant pain she is 14; years old what could this be?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 23 years experience
See doctor: The most common causes of lumps in a girl this age are a fluid filled cyst or a noncancerous mass called a fibroadenoma. I recommend you contact her family physician. They should send her for an ultrasound and evaluation by a breast specialist. If she needs surgical removal of the lumps, make sure it is a surgeon who will be concerned with the cosmetic outcome. It may require a plastic surgeon.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.