U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Mineral Bluff, GA
A 73-year-old male asked:

Have metal on metal magnum hip replace my - 8 years ago. now getting pain in hip and groin. how long can i wait?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 30 years experience
See an Orthopaedist: Given your history of a metal-on-metal hip replacement and the presence of pain in your hip, i would recommend you see an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hip replacement and hip revision surgery. An xray, physical examination and possible further imaging studies (ct or MRI scan) is indicated.
Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 19 years experience
Not long: You should be evaluated as soon as possible by your hip surgeon or another orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in joint replacement.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.