KS
A male asked:

i had a holter monitor due to palpitations and the cardiologist's report says rare isolated supraventricular ectopy, what's the cause?

Dr. George Mathew
Cardiology 58 years experience
Could be normal: Avoid smoking, and caffeine!

Can I get pregnant after i've had a miscarriage?

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: There are a number of reasons for a miscarriage. Most, however, are a random event and a single miscarriage does not predict future problems. The fact a patient has a miscarriage at least indicates the ability to get pregnant. Repeat miscarriages should be evaluated. There may not be a solution or the solution may be easier than one thinks.

Why do I have extreme dizziness and heart palpitations!?

Dr. William Goldie
Pediatric Neurology 48 years experience
Vertigo?: The spinning sensation is called vertigo. Causes are either from ear or brain or side effect of drugs. If it occurs when lying still in bed, it is probably due to a disturbance in the brain. Pure vertigo is very rarely a seizure. More often it is due to poor blood flow to the back of the brain. Heart and blood pressure problems need to be considered. Migraine may be cause if rest is fine.
Concord, CA

If I had a body scan today, when can I restart taking my hormone medicine?

Dr. Vance Harris
Depends on hormones : I think that would depend on the type of hormone you are talking about and the scan you had. If you didnt get instructions then check with your doctor first. Did you have a thyroid scan? Was it a bone scan or a density scan?
Centreville, VA

I ve had hbp ranging from 170 /110 and pulse at about 100 120 most of the time for about a week despite taking BP drugs. Ekg was negative. Thoughts?

Dr. Vance Harris
Check with the doc: Many blood pressure medications take longer than a week to have their full effect. Check with your doctor as you may need a higher dose or another medication. Hbp is damaging over the long term most of the time and not over a few days so check with your doctor.

When a person had a seizure, does it mean he has epilepsy?

Dr. William Goldie
Pediatric Neurology 48 years experience
Not yet: A single seizure does not epilepsy make! a careful history and neurologic evaluation may determine that it was an incidental event. Recurrent seizures with specific findings on eeg, examination and MRI may lead to a diagnosis of epilepsy. Epilepsy is the clinical condition of a risk for seizures.

Last updated Sep 9, 2019