Clearfield, UT

i had a bubble of infection in mouth on gums hospital gave me antibiotic and now i can suck blood and infection out is it bad to suck it out and spit?

Dr. Grant Phipps
Dentistry 30 years experience
Visit DDS: You can spit anything out but you probably have a abcessed tooth or periodontal abcess that needs to be addressed by your dds. The antibiotic may temporarily help but the source feeding the infection is still there. Visit dds and take care of the source. Good luck.
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Cosmetic Dentistry 35 years experience
Yes and no: I would not suck it out. I would spit out any leakage that occurs. I would also visit a dentist. The antibiotic will not cure the problem.
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Buianswered
Dentistry 23 years experience
Should be treated: Prolonged infection in the mouth may leads to periodontal or endodontal (tooth) abscess. In both case, it may be very painful. It is not bad to suck it out and spit, although we should treat the cause of the disease.

Last updated Mar 22, 2020