I'm a 28 year old female. i get discomfort behind my knees and blue feet from sitting? my hands turn purple sometimes too. is this ok?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 75 years experience
NO,of course not: Sounds like raynaud's disese (at least for the hands) and caused by poor pickup of oxygen in the blood. If you are a sugarholic, stop it across the board. If that is not the case, then you have an unbalanced autonomic (automatic) nervous system for other reasons.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Fred Birnbaum
Podiatry 45 years experience
2 possible reasons: One reason would be poor circulation from your veins. The second could be a problem with the thermostatic mechanism in the brain that regulates how you respond to temperature changes. This can be a raynaud's phenomenon or acrocyanosis.
Last updated Jun 8, 2021