My psychiatrist prescribed zoloft (sertraline) 50mg and clonazepam 1mg at day and clonazepam 2mg at bedtime. is the reason of this is to ease zoloft (sertraline) side effects?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Probably not: This is about twice the amount of Klonopin that most people would start with, unless you had been on them previously and had some tolerance, or your level of anxiety was extremely high. The person to ask is the prescribing doctor. Zoloft (sertraline) takes weeks to work for both anxiety and depression, and Klonopin works right away, but produces physical dependency and will require tapering to get off.

Answered 11/28/2017

5.3k views

Anxiety: You should ask your physician most likely for anxiety or panic disorder unless you have history of seizure disorder .If you never been on zoloft (sertraline) starting 50 mg might get anxious in beginning do small dose of Klonopin helps.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.3k views