I took an anti depresant given to me for anxiety, this is my first time to take any anti depressants. what can i expect to feel?

Dr. Paul Pancner
Clinical Psychology 18 years experience
Patience: Although it generally takes 2 - 4 weeks for an antidep to start alleviating the symptoms of dep., it generally takes 4 - 6 wks for one to start noticing benefit for anxiety. They are effective for treating anx., but you need to be patient and take them daily as prescribed. Antidepressant do not work immediately as some of the antianx meds do, such as benzodiazepines.
Dr. PETER Stanfield
Antidepresant.: It depends on the type of antidepresant but usually the equal, the same or worser in the first two weeks.