My gyno confirmed i have a sebaceous cyst on my outer labia. it's unsightly! can my dermatologist treat it? how quickly can she get me back to normal?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Alan Patterson answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Treated: Either by gyn or derm, most gyns will treat a cyst on the labia surprised your did not offer, depends how big it is but whomever gets rid of it should be able to give u a time frame.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Edward Ray answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Sure.: A sebaceous cyst will usually only get better if surgically removed. Occasionally a steroid shot will make it go away. If your dermatologist does surgical procedures, they can probably take care of it; otherwise, a general surgeon or plastic surgeon is your choice. In 2-3 weeks you should be well healed, though this is an area where infections are not rare and may delay healing for much longer.

Answered 5/2/2018

5.3k views

Dr. Curtis Wong answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Labial cysts: Masses can occur on your labia. You do need to see a surgeon (ob/gyn or plastics) to evaluate this, confirm the diagnosis, and to come up with a plan to remove it for you. There are other types of cysts that can form around the area.

Answered 8/7/2018

5.3k views

Dr. George Pope answered

Specializes in

Yes: Your dermatologist should be able to handle that.

Answered 4/1/2019

5.3k views