A member asked:

My gyno confirmed i have a sebaceous cyst on my outer labia. it's unsightly! can my dermatologist treat it? how quickly can she get me back to normal?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Alan Patterson answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Treated: Either by gyn or derm, most gyns will treat a cyst on the labia surprised your did not offer, depends how big it is but whomever gets rid of it should be able to give u a time frame.

Answered 9/28/2016


Dr. Edward Ray answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Sure.: A sebaceous cyst will usually only get better if surgically removed. Occasionally a steroid shot will make it go away. If your dermatologist does surgical procedures, they can probably take care of it; otherwise, a general surgeon or plastic surgeon is your choice. In 2-3 weeks you should be well healed, though this is an area where infections are not rare and may delay healing for much longer.

Answered 5/2/2018


Dr. Curtis Wong answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Labial cysts: Masses can occur on your labia. You do need to see a surgeon (ob/gyn or plastics) to evaluate this, confirm the diagnosis, and to come up with a plan to remove it for you. There are other types of cysts that can form around the area.

Answered 8/7/2018


Dr. George Pope answered

Specializes in

Yes: Your dermatologist should be able to handle that.

Answered 4/1/2019



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor