how much damage has been done to my lungs? is there something i can do to reverse this damage? i am 29. smoked for 8 years about 6 cigarettes a day. i quit smoking 30 days ago

Dr. Bradford Romans
Quitting : If u quit smoking before age 40 , most of the risk of cancer is reduced.
Dr. Edward Druy
Radiology 53 years experience
Should be ok: If you are truthful about your smoking history you should not have long lasting damage. If you smoked only a half pack/day for 8 years you are considered a 4 pack year smoker, which should give you only a minimal if any increased risk of developing a tobacco related illness over your lifetime. Note that your overall risk may depend on other factors, such as asthma or repeated lung infections.
Dr. Richard Williams
Pharmacy 18 years experience
Keep it up: Your daily amount was not significant so i wouldn't worry about lung damagetttthe longer you saty away and "clena up your lungs"the more they become as "good as " someone who didn't smok.I know it's tough but hang in there- it's the best decision you can make.