I had my wisdom teeth extracted two days ago and now i can't sleep. is there anything i can take for the pain?

Dr. Stephen Gordon
44 years experience
See your dentist: If the pain is greater now than initially after the teeth were removed (and the anesthetic worn off), then you may have a dry socket. This is a painful condition which can occur if the blood clot in the extraction site became dislodged. See you dentist (who removed your teeth) for an evaluation and treatment to get you comfortable.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Endodontics 45 years experience
Yes: Anti- inflammatories such as advil (ibuprofen) or alleve work well. If these are not adequet, have your dr. Who performed the surgery prescribe something stronger.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 42 years experience
Ibuprofen: The antiinflammatories are the best. Ibuprofen tops the list for most patients. Although many doctors prescribe a narcotic, the real pain is best addressed with the antiinflammatories. If you are having a nagging pain in the jaw at the site of the extractions, you may be developing a dry socket. Check with your oral surgeon.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016