could i be too sedated during wisdom teeth extraction?

Dr. Robert Stoner
Orthodontics 38 years experience
Unlikely: If you are seeing a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon they are trained in in-office sedation. It is a twilight sleep and the body is not put into full anesthesia. It is quite safe.
Dr. Willis Hardesty
Dentistry 28 years experience
Not really: The level of sedation depends on the amount and the desired effects of the drugs administered to you during your procedure. The surgeon who administers these drugs will take into account your health, weight and how medicine affects you to titrate the desired level of sedation. Once the procedure is completed, he will give you and agent that reverses these effects.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Discuss with surgeon: I'm just wondering if you have a procedure coming up and are concerned about it, or you had it done already? In either case, you should discuss your concerns with the surgeon. Sedation for this procedure is a very safe, routine and predictable aid for patients requiring it when used by trained professionals in healthy individuals. If you prefer not to have it, discuss your options.