is iv sedation used for wisdom tooth extraction?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Chad Gretzula
Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Yes: There are many options for remova of wisdom teeth . You can have them extracted under local anesthesia, tyou can have them removed with nitrous gas or different levels of IV sedation. I usually do IV anesthesia for most of my wisdom teeth patients. It is very safe and you go to sleep and have them removed and once you wake your all done. Good luck!
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
2
Dr. John Thaler
40 years experience Prosthodontics
Can be: This is commonly the case. Few people like to be totally "awake". I.V. Sedation is a great way to be relaxed, have a little amnesia from the event, and still be very safe. Much safer than being under general anesthesia or "knocked out" as some call it.
Answered on Sep 11, 2019
Dr. Richard Pollard
29 years experience Anesthesiology
Sometimes: The dentist can use local anesthesia with and without sedatives. I was given oral valium for the procedure.
Answered on Apr 24, 2015