i have a chipped tooth and haven't gotten it fixed yet. should my tooth still hurt after all this time?

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry 42 years experience
Of course: I have never seen a tooth getting better by itself, in general it is the opposite, they always get worse. Your tooth is telling you that the chip is getting somehow bigger or closer too the nerve or the nerve is not happy about all the cold or hot stuff. Don't wait any longer get it fixed.
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Possibly: The incident is a traumatic event for the pulp. If you are still hurting after several weeks, see your dentist for a diagnosis and treatment.