U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Guaynabo, PR
A 41-year-old female asked:

After havin an mri doctors noticed a swollen sac inside the ankle bones.they want to remove by cutting the bones then replanting new bones.please help?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry 42 years experience
Bone cyst: Bone cysts occur throughout the body. Surgical treatment is to remove the cyst and pack it with bone either from your body or from a lab. Depending on the size of the cyst, and type follow up will vary.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 24, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.