Guaynabo, PR

what does it mean if having a swollen sac inside the bones of my left ankle as it was seen in the mri pictures.any advices..could it be bone cancer?

Dr. Ann McKane
pathology 23 years experience
Not cancer: Based on your description, a sac known as a "bursa" that cushions the bones of your ankle, may be inflammed, which is a common injury and may be caused by increased exercise, poorly fitting shoes, or basically a type of low grade, longer term irritation. This bursitis can be treated with a steroid injection directly into the area, or by oral anti-inflammatories. Bone cancer is unusual in your age.
Dr. Kenneth Murdock
Radiation Oncology 53 years experience
Inflammation,probabl: Sounds like you are talking about the joint space in the anlle which is covered with a membrane which can swell with inflammation or trauma. Not likely to be a bone cancer as they are quite rare.