U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

Are there doctors who can test to find out why i have adhd and ocd and suggest non medication treatment options?

2 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
Dr. Brian Buggie
Psychiatry 19 years experience
Yes, a psychiatrist.: Psychiatrists and psychologists can easily perform an assessment including using questionnaires or scales to assess your degree of symptoms. Behavioral changes and cognitive therapy can be effect for some individuals.
Dr. Glen Elliott
Child Psychiatry 44 years experience
Sort of: There are no specific tests to either adhd or ocd; both are clinical diagnoses based on patient description of symptoms. However, there are non-medication treatments for both, especially for ocd. Look for a specialist in cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt). In urban areas, you probably can find centers that specialize in non-medication interventions for both adhd and ocd.

Related questions

A 17-year-old male asked about a 16-year-old male:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old female asked:
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 23-year-old male asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jun 7, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.