i have a family member over my house who has pink eye, how can i prevent myself from getting infected?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Touching eyes: Wash your hands often, keep them away from your face, wash all surfaces, avoid contact with the infected person, don't share face cloths, towels, mascara or eye products, don't share pillows or bed clothing and just be cautious.
Dr. Gary Wortz
Ophthalmology 17 years experience
Disinfect!: The most common cause of pink eye is adenovirus. It can be found living on doorknobs or other surfaces up to 7 weeks after an exposure. It is highly contagious. Have the guest wash their hands frequently and have all others in the house do the same. I would also disinfect with an antiviral cleaning agent. That's your best hope.