A male asked:

I don't have a dental insurance, but i lost two of my chewing tooth. i need help. what is my option? how much does it cost? i'm willing to pay cash

Dr. David Eidman
Dentistry 37 years experience
Get a check-up : What you need is a thorough dental exam. Seek out a reputable dentist, preferably referred to you by someone you know. Let the dentist know your financial situation. Most likely, he or she will be able to work with you and help you in preventing further tooth loss.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Some help.: Lets begin from the start. Many people don't have ins, but they still fix their teeth. Ins doesn't pay for everything, anyway. Why did you loose those teeth? Accident? Gum disease? Condition of your remaining teeth? Too many unanswered questions to give a solid answer as to cost and options. Seek care at a local clinic or dental school or hospital residency for reduced fees.
Dr. Richard Evans
undefined 38 years experience
No Short Answers: Your possible options from best on down are 1) implants - if you have enough bone remaining. 2) a bridge - you must have teeth remaining on both sides of the missing teeth. 3) a removable partial denture - least favorable but least expensive. Less favorable due to bulkiness, food entrapment while eating and long term damage to the teeth that retain it. Go to www.Fairhealthconsumer.Org for costs.
Dr. Michael Johnson
undefined 39 years experience
Implants work best: The previous answers are good. Dental implants are the best but most expensive. They will feel and chew like regular teeth. Dental insurance rarely covers more than about 20% of the cost so should not be much of a deciding factor. A removable partial denture is the least expensive and least functional. Make sure the removable partial denture has a metal framework for strength.

Last updated Jul 21, 2013