Miami, FL

the right side of my jaw hurts and when i chew i hear a click sound?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
TMD: Sounds like temporomandibular disorder. Go to see your dentist who can evaluate further on your problem- and possibilities of tmd. Treatment could be conservative vs corrective surgery. Go to see dentist and get yourself checked.
Dr. Michael Sparacino
See below: This is one of those problems where a visit to your doctor is necessary to figure out what's going on. Only after a thorough evaluation, including examination and possibly labs and other tests, can your doctor correctly diagnose you and treat you effectively.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
TMJ: Having popping/clicking TMJ noises not necessarily a problem. Many people experience these noises. Without pain or limitation of function the noise itself is not an issue. If you have locking or limited movement, "ear" pain, headaches, morning jaw stiffness/soreness, difficulty chewing, bruxism, previous jaw injuries or other jaw conditions, the problem is more serious. Then see a TMJ specialist.