I'm useing Vicks nose spray and everytime I use it i start sneezing but it gets rid of my stuffed nose. Why does this happen?

Dr. Thomas Benda, jr
33 years experience in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
It's an irritant: Any nose spray can make you sneeze, even if it's a prescription. It just means the nose has been stimulated with something it finds a little obnoxious. You don't want to use vick's for longer than 3 to 5 days, it will start to make your nasal tissue swollen. Then you will need to use the Vicks to treat the problem with the vicks. We call this rebound, or rhinitis medicamentosa.
Answered on Feb 18, 2015
3