Saint George, UT

I have an ear infection that has caused pressure and loss of hearing in one ear. almost done with zpack and predisone ( 1 day left). what is next step?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
See am ENT doctor: This needs a specialist concentrating on the ears and you should do this asap.
I'd give it time: If you are just finishing your zpac you are early in the recovery process. All purulent otitis media will have transient hearing reduction in the involved ear for up to 2-4 wks. If your symptoms are gradually improving, no action is needed. If the symptoms are unchanged, a revisit with your pcp is in order.

Last updated Mar 26, 2013