Victorville, CA

I'm not dehydrated i'm always drinking water but what else can cause charlie horse sever my foot goes one way and my big toe goes oppsiet what happing?

Dr. Ricardo Reyes
30 years experience
Charley horse: It deals a lot with the environment in which you workout in and the level of activity. For instance if you are doing an extreme work out in extreme heat.This will lead to an increasei in Lactic Acid in the muscle and cramping. There is also the possibility of muscle fatigueleadig to a contraction of the tendon.Feels like a charley horse but it isn't.This could be solved. With orthotics.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See below: It could be an electrolyte inbalance, potassium deficiency, overuse syndrome.

Last updated Jul 10, 2018