I did not get my pd in 2 months went to doc took prometrium (micronized progesterone) for 10 days got pd on 9th of this month then just got pd again on 22.?

Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
May be normal: The drop in a Progesterone level is what triggers uterus to bleed. A short course of Progesterone often is used to restart a stalled cycle. It may take a few weeks to see your normal cycle re-establish. If not, return to your doctor to discuss possible causes and treatments.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Time to follow up: Prometrium (micronized progesterone) is a type of Progesterone which can be used to trigger a period. Most will have a period after stopping the prometrium (micronized progesterone). This is only a temporary fix. You will need a longer term plan through for cycle regulation. Time to schedule a follow up and discuss the long term options which will depend on your pregnancy plans vs your need for contraception.
Last updated Apr 15, 2019