I am male, i had tiny brown spot at inside edge of areola, i picked it off 3 months ago it left tiny red hole which is not filling in, is it cancer?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Kenneth Lee answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

See a doctor: Then only way to be sure is to see a physician. Male breast cancer is rare but can present just like female breast cancer. Sometimes skin cancer can also present like this. Non cancerous diagnoses like infection or cyst can be a possibility. See a physician for a comprehensive history and physician and possible biopsy.

Answered 1/5/2013

5.4k views

Dr. Sewa Legha answered

Specializes in Medical Oncology

It depends on exam.f: I doubt that it is cancer. But anything that does not heal needs to be examined by a docotr especially if it is growing in size or has any drainage or if it has a size of more than 5 milimeters. I would advise a check up with your family doctor.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.2k views