I am almost 30 years old and i still have most of my baby teeth. is this normal?

12 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. John Comisi answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Really?: It is atypical for that to be the case. I have seen patients with one or two "baby teeth" that have been retained because the adult teeth did not form to replace them, but i'm not personally aware of individuals with "most" of their baby teeth at 30.

Answered 4/25/2016

5.4k views

Dr. Sean Drower answered

Specializes in

Other health issues?: Occasionally, people have one or two baby (deciduous) teeth retained into adulthood. Some syndromes are associated with retained baby teeth - down's syndrome, hyperimmunoglobulin e syndrome (hyper-ige)- but i think you'd know if you have these conditions.

Answered 6/10/2013

5.3k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Unusual: The patient who holds the record in my office was missing 20 of 32 permanent teeth. You might want to be examined by an orthodontist who can evaluate whether you need tooth movement to create the best platform on which to do tooth replacement.

Answered 9/29/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Ronald Hsu answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

??: Your profile says you are 49 years from Staten Island, NY but you said you are almost 30? Something isn't adding up. But to your question, if you have "most" of your baby teeth, as in more than 10 out of the typical 20 baby teeth, then it is unusual and maybe associated with certain genetic conditions. Please consult a dentist.

Answered 10/27/2016

1.8k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Genetic Disorder: The diagnosis of anodontia may be confirmed by means of panoramic X-ray. The good news are that Implants are a good long-term solution to replacing baby teeth.

Answered 1/2/2016

1.8k views