I have infant who is 1 year old whose teeth are crooked/is it because using a pacifier?

Dr. Scott Peters
Dentistry - Pediatric 30 years experience
Maybe: It is possible for your baby's teeth to be crooked from a pacifier even at this age. It is not likely though. I recommend ending the pacifier between the ages of 12 and 24 months.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Doubtful: Usually other causes (crowding) for crooked baby teeth @ age 1. Make sure to take your child for cm-up, evaluation of tooth and jaw growth, hygiene instruction, Fluoride instructions, and so much more. Don't wait 'till 2-3, please go now. Ask dentist to ck tooth alignment.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014