I got a positive urine test at my doctors, and then a negative blood test at the hospital. now bleeding dark brown. help? the positive test was done at my doctors this morning, and then when i knew i was, a few hours later i got cramps in my back and star

Dr. Joy Jackson
The : The urine test was likely a false positive. The blood test is definitive. A quantitative blood test (actual number) would have been more convincing as oppossed to a qualitative blood test (positive or negative). Nonetheless the blood was negative. I believe you were not pregnant. Even if you were having a miscarriage the hormone of pregnancy would have been detected in the blood test. Follow up with your doctor for any further questions or concerns. Take care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016