it's been over a year since my last thyroid biopsy it came back with hurthle cells calcification and hypervascular but benign .second opinion ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Bassam Amawi
48 years experience Psychiatry
As above : U may be better of if u have seen u physician for reevaluation
Answered on May 1, 2016
1
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
Follow up: You need to have a repeat ultrasound to see if the nodule has changed since the last biopsy. If it's the same or getting smaller, you don't need to have another biopsy. I recommend seeing the doctor who did the original biopsy. That person knows your history and will be able to follow this nodule for you. The choice to seek a second opinion is always yours but i'm not sure it's needed at this time.
Answered on Feb 24, 2013
6