would sea bond or cushion grip b better choice for temp fix for bottom denture causing sores? dentist is closed & can't keep them in. they rub sore

6 doctor answers
Dr. Richard Ruden
37 years experience Dentistry
Yes: Either one of these products should give you temporary relief.. You will to see your dentist to permanently relieve the sore spots.
Answered on Dec 9, 2015
5
Dr. Marguerite Myers
44 years experience Dentistry
Salt water rinse 1st: Sorry to hear that your bottom denture is ill fitting & causing sores. Either brand of denture adhesive will be okay. However, the problem is ill fitting dentures. Please see a dentist as soon as possible because this condition only gets progressively worse. You may need a denture adjustment, a denture reline or new dentures. In the mean time rinse with salt water a few times daily, take care...
Answered on Jan 9, 2019
1
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
50 years experience Dentistry
Denture sores: Anything you use that stabilizes the denture to keep it from sliding around will work, but only temporarily. Best choice is denture adhesive powder because it is easily removed from the denture. Loose denture and resultant denture sores need to be seen by your dentist. Either the denture needs to be adjusted, or you may need a new denture that fits properly.
Answered on Jul 6, 2013
2
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Trial and error: Actually the best thing to do is to leave the denture out as much as possible, thereby removing the cause of the sore and allowing it to heal. Rinsing with warm salt water and applying a topical anesthetic as orajel may help. There is no one best cushion or adhesive. It depends upon the specific problem and what works best for you. It is trial and error. See your dentist asap for the best fix.
Answered on Dec 5, 2018
1
Dr. Robert Fields
Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry
Salt Water to Heal: Keep the denture out! it will just continue to rub and cause more pain and sores. You need to use warm salt water salt water to aid in healing your mouth. Make an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible so he can adjust the dentures!
Answered on May 2, 2013
2
Dr. A Paghdiwala
Specializes in Dentistry
Temporary fix only: As a temporary fix, since your dentist is closed and you need to keep the denture in your mouth, c-bond would provide some relief from the pressure and hurt less. However, it needs to be emphasized that this is only a temporary measure, you need an evaluation by your dentist as soon as possible.
Answered on Mar 13, 2016
1