How can i repair my bottom denture that broke in half? the dentists are closed until monday. i dropped my bottom plate and it broke right in half.

4 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. G Funari answered

Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

This : This is not a home repair project. You run the risk of damaging the denture to the point that it cannot be repaired. Wait until monday to have it professionally repaired.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Neil McLeod answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Your : Your denture is probably made of polymethyl methacrylate resin. This is not something that you can fix at home unless you have monomer and polymer of the right color and a dremel hand piece to grind and cut your denture. Furthermore it takes great skill and training to do the job you need properly. My advice is that you see a dentist as soon as possible. Sometimes you just have to use a professional , and this is one of those times. Please don't mess up your teeth by trying to fix it with other glues, they will not work. Dr neil mcleod dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.

Answered 3/17/2017

5.5k views

Dr. Alan Zweig answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

I : I don't think you should try to fix it. You might not align it properly and it won't fit. There may be some dental offices open tomorrow. Look for large clinics like a western dental or similar that advertise dental lab on premises. You can probably google denture repairs to find a place to help you.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views

Dr. John Thaler answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Do not try: Go without, and let the professionals do it the right way.

Answered 6/4/2017

5.4k views