my md has switched me from 0.5 klonapin to 0.5 xanax (alprazolam) er for treatment of fibromyalgia. he said they can be interchanged but i have been feeling skaky ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mark Moran
18 years experience Pain Management
Usual: It's not uncommon to feel new side effects when changing meds. I would talk about your symptoms with your doctor to see if another option is available. And learn about the side effects/ concerning symptoms of xanax (alprazolam). Knowledge is power!
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
2
Dr. Joseph Weiner
41 years experience Psychiatry
It depends: Xanax (alprazolam) is cleared from the body faster than klonopin, so you may need to take it more frequently. Sometimes the dose needs to be raised a bit. Please ask your physician. Hope this answer helps.
Answered on Sep 8, 2018
1