i had an abcessed tooth that cause a swelling under my chin but that tooth got removed and swelling went away. but why am is the swelling back?

Dr. Felicia Mata
Cosmetic Dentistry 25 years experience
See your dentist: And notify him/her asap. He/she may possibly take a new x-ray if it had been awhile back and do clinical exam to check the rest of the teeth and your periodontal condition. Goodluck!
Dr. Ahmad Eslami
Periodontics 44 years experience
Dental abscess: It's hard to say the reason. What's important is the fact that swelling is back and it's not a good thing. It has the potential of spreading and causing serious health issues. Best advice is to see your dentist asap.
Dr. Majid Jamali
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 26 years experience
Neck swelling: I believe at this point you should be referred to an oral surgeon. A panoramic x-ray or even ct scan should be taken. You might have an abscess that requires drainage. Also chronic osteomyelitis which would be rare, has to be ruled out.

Last updated May 9, 2017