West Orange, NJ

does the body have a set point in regard to weight?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
Probably: If you have a good diet, exercise regularly and get appropriate rest of 8 hours, the weight stays surprisingly constant.

How do I decrease body odor?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 47 years experience
Daily hygiene starts: With soap shower or bath, desoderant and/or antiperspirant. Some use talcum. Attention to feet may harbor fungi, and persistant issues in the private aeas may need medical investigation.

How can I help prevent the cells in my body from dying prematurely?

Pathology 49 years experience
Healthy living: There is no one step, medication, diet or other item that will address that. Caloric restriction, exercise, low saturated fat intake, no use of tobacco, and no more than one alcoholic drink a day, getting adequate sleep, maintaining a positive attitude, having a good circle of friends my be conducive to healthful life.

Why would you need to join a gym to lose weight?

Dr. Lisa Saponaro
Clinical Psychology 18 years experience
Not necessary: Joining a gym may serve as a commitment to exercise. It can also help create partnerships for an exercise program which makes maintenance more likely. Exercise is for your health and fitness. Reduction in calories is the best bet for weight loss. The combination is great, but a gym membership is not necessary to accomplish either.

Does lack of sugar damage your body.?

No, eat other things: People do not need to eat sugar. The lack of sugar does not harm the body. The body makes sugar from starches and other foods that people eat.

How to reduce weight safely?

Dr. Alan Faustino
Patience: Everyone knows how to do this, there are not tricks or secrets the problems is that most of us do not want to wait for the weight to come of the right way or do not want to put the work into it. Its simple, loose no more than 4 pounds a month as studies have shown that you are less likely to put it back on if you loose more than that a month.

Last updated Mar 26, 2013