Middletown, PA

I am breastfeeding; my c-section incision is infected and has a yeast infection, could this be what is causing my baby to spit up and be extra gassy?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 50 years experience
I'm so sorry. It's: Great that you're continuing to breastfeed. If the yeast is on your nipples &/or in baby's mouth, please talk to your pediatrician & OB for treatment for both of you. It can be hard to get rid of. Also, call the birth hospital's nursery for the name of a lactation consultant who can help you. Gas & spitting up may not be related, but it seems both of you are uncomfortable. You're a trooper!

Last updated Jun 10, 2014