Canada

I have a pain in the left side of my chest, side of breast and under armpit, is this my heart or lung? hurts to take deep breathes

Dr. Joshua Buckler
Cardiology 21 years experience
Pleurisy: That is typically more related to your lungs and can be something as benign as pleurisy or something more serious such as a blood clot to the lungs. If you feel short of breath, have rapid heart rate, or are in any other way concerned you should be evaluated right away. If you are unsure then call your doctor's office and be connected to the doctor on call.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mark Milunski
Cardiology 39 years experience
Chest pain: It could be either or related to the chest wall. Complete history and physical is necessary.
Last updated Apr 5, 2018