Singapore

How to extend my mom's life? metastases liver cancer at stage 4. my mom did surgery for breast cancer before. how to extend life besides treatment?

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine 18 years experience
Oncologist: You need to work with an oncologist to determine the treatment options. There is nothing you can do without treatment other than comfort and nutrition.
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 23 years experience
Treatment: I recommend you speak with your oncology team about options. You may also want to get a 2nd opinion at a university based hospital. Chemotherapy and/or hormonal therapy will be the most likely options offered to her. This depends on how much metastasis is present.
Pathology 44 years experience
Quality: If you want, you can look for aggressive treatment for her or getting her entered in a study. It is her decision. I'd urge you to focus at this time on making her last months (or it may be years) matter. Remember the good times, seek healing if need be, stay involved with her and help her do and enjoy the things that are important to her. Add life to the time, more than time to the life. Bless you.

Last updated Oct 3, 2020